Stuart's Volkswagen GTE Forum

Previous Topic | Forum Index | Next Topic

Replacing charging port door lock actuator

Posted by private, Fri 1 Apr 2022 6:07 pm Edit | Delete
Hi
Very good sharing and I wish I can buy the part to replace it by myself. May I know where can I buy this motor ? And how to dismantle the defective parts?
Tony
Posted by StuartDalby, Sat 2 Apr 2022 5:31 pm
Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I have not been actively looking to buy this part myself. However, in the past I have used eBay to try to locate a replacement item. I believe the part number to be 5ge810773 although I am not 100% sure. Please let me know if you are able to locate the part yourself.

I was able to access the defective part relatively easily. You just need to remove the honeycomb grill surrounding the charge port, remove 3 screws holding the actuator in place and unplug the wiring connector.

Please let me know how you get on,
Stuart
Posted by private, Sat 2 Apr 2022 10:23 pm Edit | Delete
Hi

Thank you for your reply and information, I have tried to look for parts 5ge810773, I'll also submit my chassis number to supplier to avoid brought wrong parts. " You just need to remove the honeycomb grill surrounding the charge port" Just the "surrounding the charge port" not the whole Bumper ?

Regards
Tony

One more question
Posted by StuartDalby, Sat 2 Apr 2022 10:25 pm
Yes, just the grill. It just unclips. Not the whole bumper.

Stuart
Posted by private, Sat 2 Apr 2022 10:36 pm Edit | Delete
Hi Stuart,

Thanks a lot . I have find parts in this site. https://originalteilemarkt.de/stellelement-5ge810773-3228046

Moreover I’ll also check with my car dealer Marshall it this still under warranty ? Because I brought this GTE in 30 Sept 2021 only. They said that and printed in invoice my car under two years warranty.

Regards
Tony

Want to comment on this page? Contact Me